Monday, May 18, 2009

So, We're Here...

Ok it's official, we now currently reside in Charlotte, NC. We moved in May 9, 2009 and were greeted by an incredible group of people both from the church we're attending: Ryan, Rachel, Levi, Pastor Bill, Andrew and Megan (Ryan's brother and his fiancee) and then there was my Dad in law's best friend Mr. Lanno who rallied some of the men from his Bible study and came to our aid. All of these people were amazing. Chris' parents were there too and were an immense help.

All in all, the truck was unloaded and sorted in an hour or less!! It was the fastest move in I've ever seen!!















And my lovely CA plant with pretty flowers made it all the way. It even bloomed in the truck!!! And yes that's the view from my deck...and my dining room...and my bedroom...and my guest room. This is my tree house.

We're still settling in but we painted one wall (which i don't have the photo downloaded on the computer yet) it's pretty and i love it!! We've also enjoyed our days doing furniture shopping, we bought a beautiful cherry wood sleigh bed with waterfall patterned wood. Again I see i have more photos to share! We've also unpacked most of our kitchen and we're getting ready to move in a desk we purchased as well. Both the desk and the bed were God-given deals. It makes me feel a little more established now.


I still miss home, tho I do fairly well for the most part. But if anyone asks me in person how I'm doing, I can't help but tear up. What else could you expect? I just left the only home I'd known and my incredible family who became some of our best friends and support system. A family who did not have a son and now does not a son-in-law, a family where a mother and daughter are dear friends, a family where sisters who grew up not getting along are best friends and a family where a daddy still dances with his little girl to the father-daughter song from her wedding when it comes on the radio.

I cry because I'm sad, because I love them, because I miss them and in honor of them and their place in our lives.

So, now that I've made myself cry lol ;0) , I'll move on. We're starting to look for jobs tho not in too much of a hurry so we can settle in and enjoy the fact that we won't really have too many opportunties in our lifetimes to be neither employed, doing ok financially, and getting to spend time we enjoy together having just moved and depending on one another.

Sorry it took so long to update I will try to do better as our ENDEAVORS continue...

To all of you who have read this and been a part of our lives through this time be it thru encouraging notes, face to face talks, phone calls, etc. we thank you. We could not have as easily followed God's call and leading in our lives without you. He gave us you and we hope that when those times come for you, you know we will be with you at least in heart and prayer. Stay in touch!!

♥ dani

1 comment:

  1. ♥ you girl! I love your views from the "tree house!" It's so encouraging to know that God provides for us when we trust Him...you are a prime example! I can't wait to hear about more of His blessings as you wait on Him!

    ReplyDelete